For an Investment Analyst Position
|← Director of Online Marketing and Web Deveplopment|
Seeking for an Investment Analyst position in which creative talents, acquired expertise, and commitment to excellence will have valuable appliance. I would like to employ and execute my technical over and above non-technical knowledge in the work assigned to me.
- Native speaker of Mandarin and Shanghai dialect. Fluent in English and Japanese
- Computer skills that include hands on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Minitab, SPSS
- Good Analytical, logical and mathematical skill
- Good Management and organizational skill
- Team management and problem solving abilities
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Master of Public Administration, May 2011
Concentration: Economic Policy and Finance; GPA: 3.80
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Shanghai, China
Bachelor of Management Science, June 2009
GPA: 3.87; GRE Quantitative: 800/800
University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA (Summer School), 2007
Sybase, An SAP Company, New York, NY
Financial Services Solutions Team, Summer Intern, 2010
• Established quantitative models for real time balance sheet management and financial statement analysis using event
processing and workflow management software tools
• Developed monitoring and alerting tools for Corporate Treasury function
• Participated in the 2010 Financial Services Technology Expo in New York City
China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company, Shanghai, China (world’s 2nd largest ocean shipping company)
Business Development, Intern, 2009
• Reviewed statistics to help secure cargo to maximize moving containers from China surplus areas to overseas
• Optimized container usage for domestic and overseas customers with less than container load, managed import
allocation for Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC)
• Membership of Pi Alpha Alpha, the National Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration 2011
• Cornell Institute for Public Affairs Fellowship 2009 - 2011
• Excellent Academic Scholarship of Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2006 - 2008
• National Scholarship granted by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (top 0.3%) 2007
• Excellent Contributor granted by School of International and Public Affairs at Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2006
• Cornell Chinese Students and Scholars Association, Co-Chair of External Affairs 2009 - 2010
• Attended Model United Nation’s Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific March 2008
• SJTU Finance Union, Minister of Public Relation Department 2006 – 2007
• 2007 Forum of World-wide Chinese Youth Leaders at SJTU, Organizer June 2006
• SJTU Students Union, Secretary 2005 - 2006
Provided upon request
Bottom of Form
Millennium Technology Value Partners
To Whom It May Concern:
I am a 2011 graduate of Cornell University in Finance and Economic Policy. In response to your posting for an Investment Analyst position at your company, I am enclosing my resume for your review. Given my proven record of work performance and experience in Management and Investment, I would like to be considered for the position.
Having worked in the financial service sector, I am in quest of new challenges in an employee with excellent abilities. My Investment style strongly emphasizes strong solid analytical skills, teamwork and leadership abilities with diversified international experiences which I look forward to leveraging as an Investment Analyst. My experience at Sybase (an SAP company in New York City specialized in financial services and solutions) has demonstrated my quantitative modeling skills in analyzing real time balance sheet and conducting sophisticated financial statement analysis. At China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company (COSCO), the world’s second largest full service intermodal carrier, I worked closely with a business development team and optimized container usage for domestic and international customers, and creating 10% extra shipping volume for the ocean going shipping division.
At Cornell, I have taken a lot of courses in finance and marketing. My hands-on academic training has well prepared myself to become an excellent Investment Analyst. Out of the classroom, I have taken numerous leadership roles in different student organizations. As the co-chair of external affairs at Cornell Chinese Students and Scholars Association, I have significantly facilitated communication and activities between Chinese students and the international community. While at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, I was selected to present at the Model United Nation’s Economic and social Commission, addressing my opinion on how to diversify member states mainstay economies. Throughout my academic and professional career, I have consistently demonstrated strong leadership, teamwork, and analytical skills which will enable me to make a meaningful impact at Millennium Technology Value Partners.
Today I am looking for another environment that will provide a challenge, and for Investment occupations which will allow me to further develop as a person. I have heard consistent reports about your company’s dedication to excellence, and look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about bringing my proven ambition and drive to your organization.
I am confident that with my talent, energy, and education I will excel as an Investment Analyst. I have the personality and horsepower to make a difference in your organization Thank you for your time and consideration.